New Delhi 6 hours ago
- Copy link
Electric Bajaj Auto revived the Chetak nameplate in January this year with the launch of a new fully electric retro style scooter named Chetak Electric.
- Electric scooter Aether 450X from startup company Ather Energy is also present in the market
- The Revolt RV400 is the first fully electric bike to be launched in the Indian market
Today, for the first time, World EV Day is being celebrated worldwide. The time is coming for electric mobility and vehicle manufacturers all over the world are now shifting from internal combustion engines to electric motors. Government of India is also emphasizing on the adoption of electric vehicles, as a result of which a large range of electric vehicles has been launched in the country in the last one or two years. India's Minister of Road Transport and Highways, Nitin Gadkari has always been positive about the upcoming EV revolution, and the Union Minister recently said that India will become an electric vehicle manufacturing hub by 2025. If you are also planning to shift to electric vehicle except for the combustion engine, then we have prepared the list of top electric vehicles, which are currently available in the Indian market, the list includes cars, scooters and bikes. Take a look at the list below –
1. Nexon EV
- Tata Motors earlier this year launched a Fully electric variant of Nexon, also Tata's first electric SUV. The e-SUV is being sold in three trims – XM, XZ + and XZ + Lux for Rs 13.99 lakh, Rs 14.99 lakh and Rs 15.99 lakh (ex-showroom) respectively.
- The Nexon EV is the first electric car based on Ziptron electric vehicle technology. It gets an IP67 rated 30.2 kWh lithium-ion battery, paired to a 3-phase Permanent Magnet synchronous motor, which generates 129 PS of power and 245 Nm of torque. The battery can be charged from 0 to 80% in just one hour, while with the regular 15 ampere charger it takes eight hours to charge from 20 to 100%. The Nexon EV runs up to 312 km (ARAI certified range) on full charge once.
- The car is equipped with many advanced features such as auto headlamps, rain-sensing wipers, electric sunroof, push-button start / stop, wearable-key, electric tailgate, 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system for smartphone connectivity, fully automatic climate control and Features such as Tata's ZConnect technology (which offers 35 connected car features).
2. MG ZS EV
- MG Motor India launched its first electric vehicle in India earlier this year as the ZS EV SUV. Currently, it is priced from Rs 20.88 lakhs to Rs 23.58 lakhs (ex-showroom). It is available in two variants – Excite and Exclusive and both are equipped with many advanced features.
- It includes auto headlamps, 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with smartphone connectivity, tire pressure monitoring system, six airbags, ABS with EBD, ESC, hill-start assist, hill-descent control, rear parking sensor and rear camera and electronic parking The brakes come as standard features, while the top-end variant gets a leather seat, electrically adjustable driver seat, PM2.5 filters for clean air, panoramic sunroof and rain sensing wipers.
- MG's ZS EV is equipped with a 44.5 kWh liquid-cooled IP67 rated battery. The company claims that it will run up to 340 km (ARAI certified range) on full charge. The battery is connected to a permanent magnet synchronous electric motor, which generates power of 145 PS and torque of 353 Nm.
3. Hyundai Kona
- Hyundai Kona Electric was launched as India's first fully electric SUV last year and the car is doing extremely well in the country. Kona Electric is equipped with a 39.2 kWh battery with a range of 452 km (ARAI certified). Hyundai offers a 7.2kW AC wall charger with Kona Electric that charges the battery up to 100 percent in 6 hours.
- The Hyundai Kona SUV comes with an electric motor that generates 136 PS of power and 395 Nm of torque. Its power can be gauged from the fact that the car takes less than 10 seconds to reach 0 to 100 km per hour, while it has a top speed of 155 km per hour.
- Talking about its features list, it has ventilated and heated front seats, 10-way electric adjustment for the driver's seat, electric sunroof, wireless charger, Apple CarPlay with 7-inch infotainment screen and Android auto connectivity and a similar size. Digital MID display included. Currently electric car prices range from Rs 23.75 to Rs 23.94 lakh (ex-showroom).
4. Bajaj Chetak
- Electric Bajaj Auto revived the Chetak nameplate in January this year with the launch of the new fully electric retro style scooter named Chetak Electric. The scooter is available in two variants – Urban and Premium, priced at Rs 1 lakh and Rs 1.15 lakh (ex-showroom) respectively.
- The electric Chetak has a 3 kWh lithium-ion battery, which can be charged with a 15 ampere electrical outlet, which will fully charge the battery in five hours, while charging the battery up to 25% in one hour . The company claims that it can run up to 95 km in Eco mode and 85 km in Sport mode on full charge.
5. TVS iQube
- The TVS iQube was launched as the first electric scooter by a domestic motorcycle manufacturer and is a Bajaj Chetak's close competitor. The scooter comes with a 4.4 kW electric motor, and features features like TFT instrument cluster with SmartXonnect connected technology.
- TVS claims that iQube can be run up to 75 km in eco mode with full charge. It takes 4.2 seconds to reach a speed of 0 to 40 km per hour. It currently has an initial ex-showroom price of Rs 1.15 lakh.
6. Revolt RV400
- The RV400 is one of those two electric bikes from Revolt, which are available for sale in India and are also more premium. The Revolt RV400 is also the first fully electric bike to be launched in the Indian market. The company has also launched an affordable model RV300.
- The RV400 has a 3 kW electric motor, paired with a 3.24 kWh lithium-ion battery. The company claims that the RV400 offers a range of 150 km in Eco mode, 100 km in normal mode and 80 km in sports mode. The bike is available in two variants – Base and Premium. The subscription plan is also available on the bike, in which it can be brought home with a monthly installment of Rs 3999. Currently, it is priced between Rs 1.29 lakh and Rs 1.48 lakh (both prices, ex-showroom).
7. Ather 450X
- Indian electric vehicle startup company Ather Energy launched its first product Ather 450 e-scooter in 2018. Two years later, the company introduced its facelift Ather 450X scooter. Compared to the 450, the 450X offers a better range and can run up to 85 km (Eco Mode) on full charge.
- The Aether 450X features a Snapdragon 212 quad-core 1.3 GHz processor with an Android OS, which comes with 1GB of RAM and 8GB of storage. The 450X is powered by a 3.3 kW / 6 kW (continuous / peak) motor that generates a torque of 26 Nm, which helps electric scooters reach speeds of 0 to 40 km per hour in just 3.3 seconds, while 0-60 It takes 6.5 seconds to reach km per hour. Currently the price of the Aether 450X is 1.59 lakh rupees.
Can also read