Mumbai one hour ago
- Copy link
The photo is of Wednesday. Riya was arrested by the NCB on Tuesday. His brother Shovik (in hoodie) had already been arrested.
- Riya appealed to the sessions court after the bail application was rejected from the lower court
- Riya is in Byculla Jail, Narcotics Bureau arrested her in drugs case
The Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) opposed the bail plea of Riya and her brother. The NCB said that it is true that the quantity of drugs seized in this case is small, but still the value of these drugs is 1 lakh 85 thousand 200 rupees.
The NCB also said that Riya has confessed to providing drugs to Sushant during interrogation. However, Riya in her bail plea said that she was pressurized to do so. Riya Chakraborty arrested in drugs case will have to stay in jail tonight also.
The Mumbai Sessions Court reserved the verdict till Friday on the bail application of the actress and her brother Shovik. Meanwhile, Riya's lawyer Satish Manashinde said in court that the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) was trapping his client.
3 arguments of Riya's lawyer in court
1. NCB pressured Riya to admit the charge during the interrogation.
2. No female officer was present during the interrogation of Riya.
3. Riya's arrest was not needed. His freedom was arbitrarily banned, he is being implicated.
NCB's 3 arguments against Riya's bail
1. Protocol was fully taken care of during interrogation of Riya.
2. Electronics are evidences against Riya.
3. Many people arrested in drugs case have confessed to contacting Riya.
Riya was arrested by the NCB on Tuesday. Presented in court the same day. The lower court rejected his bail application and sent him to judicial custody for 14 days. The actress was shifted from the lockup of NCB to Byculla Jail on Wednesday. Riya spent the night in the lockup of Barrack No-1 of the jail. According to sources, the barrack is right next to the barracks of Indrani Mukherjee, arrested in the Sheena Bora murder case.
Riya's first day in Byculla jail was like this
- According to sources, Riya was kept in the General Barrack all day on Wednesday, shifting to Barrack number one in the late evening.
- In the afternoon, the jail doctor checked Riya's blood pressure, sugar level and pulse. After all the normal arrival, the actress was sent to rest.
- Riya just talked to the jail staff. At 5 pm, they were given rice, lentils, 2 rotis and vegetables to eat.
- There are no beds in the jail, so the actress slept on the ground. According to sources, she woke up several times in the night and could not sleep properly.
- Riya was given a dental kit and essentials along with a blanket, pillow and bed sheet. He had asked for some books from the jail staff.
You can also read this news related to Riya…