Mumbai 4 minutes ago
- Copy link
South's actress Payal (left) has severely accused producer Anurag Kashyap of referring to a 2014 incident.
- Actress Payal Ghosh alleged – filmmaker Anurag Kashyap tried to molest her once
- BJP MP Ravi Kishan demanded a stringent law on this issue, so that the fear of the law will arise among those who do so.
Actress Payal Ghosh, along with her lawyer Nitin Satpute, reached the Oshiwara police station in Mumbai late Monday. Payal filed a complaint against filmmaker Anurag Kashyap here. His lawyer Nitin Satpute has confirmed this to Dainik Bhaskar.
Payal has alleged that filmmaker Anurag tried to molest him once. Ghosh had claimed that Anurag was nude before him and tried to get intimate with him.
Payal Ghosh's case in Parliament
The Lok Sabha proceedings continued till 1 pm on Sunday night. During this, Ravi Kishan, MP from Gorakhpur, raised the issue of Anurag Kashyap in Parliament. He addressed Anurag Kashyap by calling him a nerd without a name. He said that in the country our daughters are venerated like Goddess Durga, but there are some people in Bollywood who claim to shine their fortune and bargain with them.
The BJP MP demanded a stringent law to be enacted on this issue so that the fear of the law would be created. 2 days ago, Anurag Kashyap accused MP Ravi Kishan of drinking cannabis.
Anurag Kashyap's lawyer gave clarification on the actress' charge
Anurag Kashyap's lawyer Priyanka Khimani released an official statement regarding these allegations. Sharing it on social media termed the charge as false and malicious. The film producer was described as a victim by the lawyer. It further states that a social movement like #MeToo is now being used as a tool for character abuses.
- In an interview to IANS, the actress revealed about the incident in 2014. Payal told that Anurag Kashyap molested me in 2014. The director told me that the girls who work with him spend 'gala time' with him.
- Payal said- Anurag was working on Bombay Velvet at that time. She also said that the girls were ready to sleep with him to do just one film with Ranbir Kapoor. After this, Anurag put an adult film. I got scared. After this he got nude in front of me and asked me to take off my clothes. I said Sir, I am not comfortable.
- He said that Anurag said that the actresses I have worked with are ready to come to me on just one call. I then said that I am not comfortable and I am sick. Somehow I ran away from there. I never met him after this. He asked me to meet him several times. I have not been able to forget that incident till date. She bothers me a lot.
So broke the silence after so many years
To break the silence for so long, Payal said that I wanted to speak about it many times but my family and close friends told me to keep quiet so that I would not have any problem in future. But, we should talk about people who misuse their positions.
Anurag Kashyap dismissed the allegations
Anurag Kashyap has dismissed the allegations made by Payal Ghosh. Kashyap tweeted- What's the matter, it took so much time to try to silence me. It is not a big thing. While silencing me, he lied so much that despite being a woman, he dragged other women along. Be a bit modest, ma'am. Just say whatever allegations are there, they are all baseless.
Payal has worked in many films of South
Payal Ghosh started her career with the 2009 Telugu film 'Preenam' and then appeared in the 2011 Kannada film 'Varshadhare'. He also played a role in the 2008 British TV film Sharps Peril, starring Sean Bean. In Bollywood, she has done only one film, 'Patel's Punjabi Shaadi', starring Rishi Kapoor, Paresh Rawal, Veer Das, Prem Chopra and Shilpa Shinde.