Ever since the news of Sushant Singh Rajput’s death came to light on 14 June 2020, only one name has been heard everywhere and that is Riya Chakraborty. Riya’s personal and professional life has never been discussed as much as is happening before.
Riya was Sushant’s live-in partner for the past one year. He is accused by Sushant’s family for abetting his son and cheating on him. The CBI is investigating the allegations but Riya Chakraborty is the biggest target in Sushant’s suspicious death.
In such a situation, you know some special things related to Riya’s life and work –
Riya grew up in Ambala, Haryana
Riya was born in Bengaluru. Born in the home of Indrajit Chakraborty and Sandhya Chakraborty on July 1, 1992, Riya did her schooling from the Army Public School in Ambala Cantt. Riya’s father is Bengali and mother is Konkani. Riya’s father is a doctor in the army while mother is a housewife.
Riya has a brother named Shouvik. On these four, Sushant’s family has filed a case with charges of abetment to suicide, criminal conspiracy, theft, cheating and threatening.
Riya’s family: Riya with father Indrajit, mother Sandhya and brother Shouvik.
Actress left engineering
Riya stepped into the glamor world through MTV’s reality show Teen Diva. She became the first runner up in it. He then auditioned to become a video jockey of MTV in Delhi and was selected.
Riya has hosted many shows on MTV.
Riya hosted ‘MTV Vassup’, ‘College Beat’ and ‘MTV Gone in 60 Seconds’ while being a VJ. During this time, his dream of becoming an actor was awakened. She was studying engineering at that time but had no interest in becoming an engineer, so she left engineering and turned to acting.
Film career proved to be a flop
- Riya auditioned for Yash Raj Films’ 2010 film Band Baaja Baaraat, but she was rejected for the lead role. Anushka Sharma played the lead role in the film.
- Riya got her first break in 2012 through the Telugu film ‘Tunega Tunega’. In this film, he played the character of Nidhi. The film proved to be a flop but soon after that in 2013 Riya managed to get her Bollywood break. He got a chance to play the role of Jasleen in the film Mere Dad’s Maruti, but it was also a flop.
She sat vacant for three years
- Sonali Cable, Riya’s third film in 2014, was also a superflop. The result was that Riya had to sit vacant for three years.
- In 2017, she got a cameo in films like ‘Half Girlfriend’ and ‘Dobara: See Your Evil’, but these films also flopped. After this, Riya was given a chance to play a full role as a heroine in 2017 Bank Chor and Jalebi in 2018, but she failed in that too and these films did not even ask for water at the box office. Riya has not appeared in any film since then.
- Overall, Riya’s film career has not reached any milestone in 8 years. Rumi Jaffrey was planning to make a film about Riya and Sushant, which was to start shooting in May this year but could not happen due to the lockdown and then after Sushant’s departure, the film will never be made.
Riya has 2.9 million followers on Instagram.
Annual income is 10-15 lakhs
If you look at the ITR of the last two years of 28-year-old Riya, his annual income is between 10-15 lakh rupees, but he has two properties worth crores in Mumbai. How ED made this property Riya is investigating the matter. Riya is also accused of cheating Sushant for Rs 15 crore.
Only 3 lakh to 5 lakhs are available for brand endorsement
When BollyDad asked the trade analyst of Bollywood to know the fees per film of Riya, he told that it would not be more than Rs 25-30 lakh. At the same time, according to Ed Gurus, Riya gets only 3 lakh to 5 lakh rupees for brand endorsement.