New Delhi 5 hours ago
- Copy link
Kia Motors will launch its third product Sonet on September 18, while the Toyota Urban Cruiser, Audi Q2, Mercedes-AMG GLE 53 Coupe will also be launched in the Indian market this month.
- The Mercedes-Benz EQC will become the country's first luxury all-electric SUV after launch.
- Royal Enfield Mitior will be the company's first equipped with Bluetooth connectivity and USB charging port.
The year 2020 made its grand debut, many new cars were launched in the market at the beginning of the year, followed by the 2020 Auto Expo in February, showcasing the upcoming cars and bikes. However, the Kovid-19 had a tremendous impact on the auto industry and many vehicle launches had to be postponed. The world is slowly recovering from this, with automobile manufacturers finally working on introducing their products that were originally scheduled for launch in the last few months, but could not be launched. If you are planning to bring a new car or bike home this month, then we have prepared a list of 7 new car-bikes, which are to be launched in September 2020 …
1. Kia Sonnet
- Kia Motors is all set to launch its third product in the Indian market on September 18, the sub-compact SUV Sonnet. We already know that the upcoming Sonnet shares its platform and powertrain with the Hyundai Venue, but the interesting thing is that it will get many new features compared to its donor car.
- Its equipment list includes several advanced features such as a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system, a digital MID, UVO connected-car technology, ventilated front seats, Bose Premium audio system with LED sound mood lights, electric sunroof, multi-drive and traction modes. Are included.
- The Sonnet will have three different powertrains, including a 1.2-liter four-cylinder naturally aspirated petrol engine that will generate 83 PS of power and 115 Nm of torque. A 1.0-liter three-cylinder TGDi turbo petrol engine is included, which will generate 120 PS of power and 172 Nm of torque, and a 1.5-liter diesel engine with 100 PS of power and 240 Nm of torque (115 with automatic PS and 250 nm).
2. Skoda Rapid Automatic
- Skoda launched the BS6-compliant version of the Rapid in the country a few months ago, while there were no major visual updates to the sedan, but the car was powered by an all-new 1.0-liter three-cylinder TSI turbo petrol petrol engine. was introduced. However, it has been paired with the 6-speed manual gearbox, the only transmission option so far.
- The company is now set to change things and Skoda will soon launch Rapid Automatic, which will be equipped with a 6-speed torque converter auto gearbox. The company said that its 1.0-liter TSI engine will offer a mileage of 18.27 kmpl with a 6-speed manual gearbox while it will offer a mileage of 16.24 kmpl with an automatic gearbox. Booking for Rapid Automatic has already started.
3. Toyota Urban Cruiser
- After launching the Glanza hatchback based on the Maruti Baleno, Toyota will now borrow another car from Maruti Suzuki and sell it under the Toyota brand name. The Urban Cruiser based on the Vitara Brezza will be a sub-4 meter SUV, with almost everything found in a donor car, though there will be a slight difference in its looks.
- A 1.5-liter petrol engine with mild-hybrid technology from the Vitara Brezza will also be carried on the Urban Cruiser. This engine generates maximum power of 105 PS and peak torque of 138 Nm. The transmission option will include a 5-speed manual gearbox as well as an optional 4-speed torque converter.
4. Mercedes-AMG GLE 53 Coupe
- The GLE Coupe, as the name itself suggests, is the coupe version of the Mercedes-Benz GLE SUV, which is already available for sale in India. Mercedes-Benz first launched the last-generation AMG GLE 43 Coupe in the Indian market and now the company will launch the AMG GLE 53 Coupe as an upgrade model.
- The 2020 AMG GLE 53 Coupe will be offered in India with a 3.0-liter, twin-turbo, straight-six petrol engine that generates 435 PS and 520 Nm of torque, and also features Mercedes-Benz's EQ Boost 48V mild-hybrid system. will get. For the transmission it will get a 9-speed automatic transmission and the car also gets Mercedes' 4Matic + all-wheel drive setup as standard.
5. Mercedes-Benz EQC
- It was first to be launched in India in April but the Kovid-19 had to be postponed. It is a Fully electric Mercedes-Benz EQC SUV, which will be launched by the end of the month. After launching, it will become the first luxury fully electric car to be sold in the country.
- The EQC will be brought to India via the CBU (Completely Built Unit) route, and is expected to cost Rs 1.5 crore (ex-showroom). The car has a dual-electric motor setup; There is a front and a rear, enabling an all-wheel drive configuration. The two electric motors together generate 408 PS of power and 760 Nm of torque.
- The EQC offers an 80 kWh lithium-ion battery, the company claims to have a range of 417 km. It can be fully charged in about 10 hours with the regular 7.4 kW wall charger, while the 110 kW fast charger can charge 10% to 80% of the battery in just 40 minutes.
6. Audi Q2
- Audi is all set to bring its smallest SUV to the Indian market, its name is Q2. While in European markets this small SUV recently received a mid-life refresh with some cosmetic tweaks, tech updates and updated powertrains, Audi is only going to bring a pre-facelift version in India.
- The Indian-spec Q2 will likely be offered with a set of dual-zone climate control, connected car technology, a digital cockpit instrument cluster, 8.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system, a Bang & Olufsen sound system and a driver assist system. .
- The foreign-spec Audi Q2 is offered with a 1.5-liter turbocharged petrol engine that is also available in Volkswagen T-Roc and Skoda Karok. This engine generates 150 PS of power and 250 Nm of torque. However, the India-spec model with 190 PS power output can be offered with a 2.0-liter turbo-petrol unit.
7. Royal Enfield Meteor
- Royal Enfield Mitior 350 is all set to launch the replacement of Thunderbird. The new 350 cc bike will be based on an all-new J-platform and will be equipped with a new 349 cc, air-oil cooled, SOHC, single-cylinder engine that generates 20.48 PS of power and 27 Nm of torque.
- The MightyR 350 will be the Royal Enfield bike with the most features on sale, as it will be equipped with features like semi-digital instrument cluster with Bluetooth connectivity and a small color TFT screen to display turn-by-turn navigation. The MiTor 350 will also get a USB charging port.
Can also read …