The Supreme Court is likely to pronounce its verdict on the petition filed by actress Riya Chakraborty, requesting to transfer the case filed in Patna by Sushant’s father KK Singh to Mumbai. With this, it will become clear that the Mumbai Police or CBI will investigate this case.
Riya is appearing on behalf of senior advocate Shyam Dewan and on behalf of the Bihar government, senior advocate Maninder Singh is appearing. At the same time, senior advocate Vikas Singh is appearing on behalf of Sushant’s father and Abhishek Manu Singhvi on behalf of the Maharashtra government. The CBI, Central Government, Maharashtra Government and Bihar Government are also parties in this matter. All have filed a written reply in the Supreme Court on 13 August.
Justice Hrishikesh Roy will deliver the verdict in the case at 11 am. Bihar government and Sushant Singh’s father KK Singh are opposing the petition filed by Riya to transfer the case.
Bihar government said this
The Bihar government had told the Supreme Court in this case that due to ‘political influence’ the Mumbai Police has not even registered an FIR in the case of actor Sushant’s death and with this he has not given any assistance to the Bihar Police in the case.
The central government has sought the Supreme Court’s approval from the CBI and ED to investigate the case. The Center told the top court that CBI has already registered an FIR on the request made by the Bihar government.
Actress Riya Chakraborty’s favor
Riya had told the Supreme Court in writing that the FIR in Patna should be treated as a zero FIR and it should be transferred to the Mumbai Police.
With this, Riya insisted that Sushant’s father has made baseless allegations against him. Now the case should be referred to the police station with jurisdiction. Riya also says that the investigation in Bihar is completely illegal. Such illegal action cannot be transferred to CBI.
Argument from Sushant’s father
Sushant Singh Rajput’s father KK Singh told the Supreme Court that Riya has already started influencing witnesses related to the case and has also taken a U-turn on the CBI probe. KK Singh’s lawyer has argued that Riya also wanted a CBI inquiry into the matter, now why is she against it?
Center said – appropriate case for CBI investigation
Solicitor General Tushar Mehta, representing the Center, has argued that this is a perfectly suitable case for CBI investigation. Mehta questioned how the Mumbai police called 56 people and recorded their statements, as they could not do so under interrogation proceedings. He told the court that the Mumbai police never filed an FIR for investigation. Mehta insisted that the ED has already started an investigation and that a second central agency (CBI) should also be involved in the case after a central agency has registered a case.
The sister said this before the verdict
Before today’s decision, Sushant’s sister Shweta Singh Kirti posted a picture of Mahabharata on social media account with a slogan of Geeta. It is written on this – ‘Move from darkness to light!’
This has happened so far in the case of Sushant Singh Rajput
- On 14 June, Sushant Singh was allegedly hanged in his Bandra apartment in Bandra. After which the Mumbai Police started the investigation by describing this case as a suicide case.
- On July 25, Sushant’s father KK Singh wrote an FIR against 6 people, including Riya Chakraborty, at Rajivnagar police station in Patna, 38 days after his son’s death. Who was accused of abetting Sushant for suicide and manipulating 15 crores.
- On 29 July, in response to the FIR, Riya Chakraborty hired lawyer Satish Manashinde and filed a petition in the Supreme Court. In which it was said that the case filed in Patna should be transferred to Mumbai.
- On 2 August, Patna SP Vinay Tiwari arrived in Mumbai for investigation. His team of 4 members had already arrived. But SP Tiwari was taken into custody in the name of Quarantine. Later, the team also had to come back after stopping the investigation.
- On 7 August, Riya Chakraborty reached the ED office. The team on Monday questioned Riya, brother Shovik, father Indrajit and Sushant for 10 hours with business manager Shruti Modi.
- Riya’s petition was heard by the Supreme Court on 11 August. Earlier, Riya had also filed a fresh petition in the Supreme Court, calling the media trial wrong.
- By 13 August, the Supreme Court had ordered all parties (Bihar Police, Maharashtra Police, CBI and ED) to submit written notes on their arguments and reserved judgment.
Supreme Court has dismissed two other petitions
The Supreme Court had also dismissed two petitions regarding the investigation of Sushant case. In this, a petition was filed by a woman named Alka Priya. Whose hearing was said – This is a matter of jurisdiction, you can go to Bombay High Court. At the same time, on the plea of a law student seeking CBI and NIA, CJI SA Bobde asked who are you? The bench said that you are a stranger, who is interfering unnecessarily in this matter. Sushant’s father is fighting this case. We reject your petition.